Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Guardians Chronicles, by IELLO

I am trying to scale back on my Kickstarter related contributions (or expenditures, if you ask my accountant).  However, since I just received my rewards from one of the Kickstarter projects I helped fund (Kickstarter: The Dice Tower), I decided to fund another one.  The lucky receiver of my money is Guardians Chronicles, by IELLO.

Guardians Chronicles is a 2 to 5 player semi-cooperative game.  One player assumes the role of evil Super Villian Pr. Skarov.  The remaining players assume the role of one of several superheroes, each with unique powers.  There are a different number of scenarios.  Each scenario poses different objectives and challenges for the Superheroes.  For example, a particular scenario may require that the Superheroes defeat three of Pr. Skarov minions and also stop the Super Villian from launching nuclear missiles that will reign destruction upon civilians.

The concept of Guardians Chronicles is not new.  In fact, it immediately brought to mind my experience playing Descent 2.0.  I really liked Descent 2.0.  Seeing how the mechanics are similar, I decided to fund this Kickstarter project hoping it will be as much fun as Descent 2.0.

The Kickstarter page for Guardians Chronicles has a playthru video, where the developers play a round or so of the game.  The playing pieces shown therein are *not* the final production pieces, so don't let that scare you.  However, the video will give you a good enough idea of whether this looks like the type of game you may be interested in backing.  If you like superhero RPGs, CCGs, LCGs or board games, this Kickstarter project may right up your alley.

No comments :

Post a Comment